Money Smart - A Free Financial Education Program
American National Bank recognizes the importance of financial education, particularly for people with little or no banking experience. That's why we are offering Money Smart, a free online financial education training program to help adults build financial knowledge, develop financial confidence, and use banking services effectively.
The Money Smart program was a created by the FDIC to help adults outside the financial mainstream enhance their money skills and create positive banking relationships. The program is available to everyone. All you need is access to a computer. If you do not have one, a list of community locations with internet capabilities is available upon request.
The Money Smart Computer-Based Instruction (CBI) is a friendly and easy to use learning tool that teaches the 10 modules of the Money Smart curriculum through a computer. Each module generally takes between 20-30 minutes to complete. Students receive ongoing feedback and, upon successful completion of each module, can print out a personalized certificate of completion.
The online program is made up of 10 individual modules:
- Bank on It - introduction to bank services
- Borrowing Basics - introduction to credit
- Check it Out - how to choose and keep a checking account
- Money Matters - how to keep track of your money
- Pay Yourself First - why you should save!
- Keep it Safe - your rights as a consumer
- To Your Credit - how your credit history will affect your credit future
- Charge it Right - how to make a credit card work for you
- Loan to Own - know what you're borrowing before you buy
- Your Own Home - what home ownership is all about
Click here to access the free Money Smart classes on the FDIC website.