Frequently Asked Questions About Mobile Deposits
Q. How do I enroll for Mobile Deposits?
A. To enroll, simply sign into Online Banking at www.anbank.com and click on the "Mobile Banking" tab to request enrollment. Once you receive an email confirming your application has been approved, you will see your account(s) under the deposit menu within your Mobile Banking App.
Q. Is there a possibility my application will be denied?
A. We review each application closely. In some situations an application will be denied for various reasons.
Q. I have a small business; can I use this to deposit those checks?
A. No, this application is for personal accounts. There are other options for businesses and any one of our branch employees can assist you with that - or call Customer Service at 1-800-279-0007.
Q. How will I know my deposit has been posted to my account?
A. Once the image of your check has been received, you will see a "pending" status of the deposit on your mobile device. This simply means a good image has been captured - it does NOT imply the deposit has been made. You will want to check your account within 48 hours to verify the deposit has been posted.
Q. How long should I keep the physical check?
A. We recommend you retain the original check in a secure place for 10 days after it has posted to your account. After the 10 days, the check should be shredded.
Q. Is there any special way I should endorse the check?
A. You should sign/endorse the back of the check and label it "For Deposit Only". We also recommend you write "Mobile Deposit" on the front of your check as a reminder that you have already deposited the check.
Q. What should I do if I can't get a good image of the check?
A. You may always bring your check to any one of our convenient branch locations and deposit the "old fashioned" way, but here are a few tips for getting a good image:
- Before logging into the Mobile Banking App, close all other Apps running in the background on your mobile device.
- Flatten folded or crumpled checks before taking your photos.
- Keep the check within the view finder on the camera screen when capturing your photos.
- Try not to get too much of the areas surrounding the check.
- Take the photos of your check in a well-lit area.
- Place the check on solid dark background before taking the photo of it.
- Keep your phone flat and steady above the check when taking your photos.
- Hold the cameral as square to the check as possible to reduce corner to corner skew.
Make sure the entire check image is visible and in focus before submitting your deposit.
- No shadows across the check
- All four corners are visible
- Check is not blurry
- The MICR line (numbers on the bottom of the check) is readable
Q. Is it safe to use public internet access when making my deposit?
A. We recommend you make your deposits in a secured internet environment.
Q. Is there any maintenance or upkeep for this application?
A. Periodically there will be updates to the application. You will see this designated with a number on the app. We recommend you always update the application when you see one is available. This is important to ensure the app continues to perform to its capacity.